Blackwell Park has been identified as a location for a new neighbourhood within Guildford Borough Council’s emerging local plan. Blackwell Developments (Guildford) Limited, together with its partners, aim to create a distinctive new neighbourhood that reflects wider Guildford.
The Blackwell Park planning policy states the elements that will need to be delivered within any proposals. These include:
Approximately 1,800 new homes
- Approximately 35,000sqm of employment provision
- A new local centre to include:
- Retail provision
- Provision for GP surgery
- Community uses
- A new primary school
- Land to accommodate a new secondary school
- Formal recreation space
- Children’s play areas
- Parks, informal green space and new habitat areas
- Suitable Alternative Natural Green Space (SANG)
- Access from the A31 and via Surrey Research Park
- Traveller pitches
Blackwell Developments (Guildford) Limited have brought together a team of experienced professionals to help develop the proposals for the study area. Terence O’Rourke Ltd is coordinating the town planning and master planning. They are supported by Peter Brett Associates who are providing advice on transport infrastructure, drainage and utilities.
In preparing proposals the team has undertaken extensive surveys of the study area, which will inform the master planning proposals and the planning application.
The baseline studies already undertaken include:
- Topographic survey
- Winter bird surveys
- Breeding bird surveys
- Bat surveys
- Great crested newt survey
- Reptile survey
- Badger survey
- Terrestrial invertebrate survey
- Dormouse surveys
- Tree surveys
- Flooding and hydraulic modelling study
- Traffic surveys
- Review of existing travel plans
- Air quality monitoring
- Ground investigation
- Cultural heritage desktop study
These studies will be complemented by further studies that will support the planning application.
Contact us and let us know what you think are the most important issues to be taken into account when planning the Blackwell Park neighbourhood.